Sunday, May 27, 2018

Leap Forward in Time - Spring 2018

It's been 5 years since I made an entry here.

The quick background is I gave up softball, built a wiffle ball field (honeycreekfield.blogspot.com), and am heavily engaged in OOTP baseball simulations.  I am a GM in 6 leagues and host my own league (https://greatlakesootp.com/) as a commissioner, only.  Part love of baseball, part love of baseball the way I like it (aka no DH), and a good dose of addiction makes this the perfect sit down hobby for me.

So, why a restart?

First reason is I like a place to leave my thoughts on a particular subject of a given day.  As an aspiring novelist, I do have a work of fiction that I love, but the process is slow.  I think I will connect excerpts from that novel to my stevembakes.blogspot.com site.  This will be for wiffleball, OOTP baseball, and anything closely related.

Second reason is  I find the social networks too commercial and congested.  While I will no doubt have far fewer readers (not entirely sure I will have any) without the networks, this will be clean without political or commercial influence.  Ahhhh, it felt sweet to write that last sentence.

Third reason is I'm hoping that my baseball friends will derive some pleasure from reading the accounts that I post.

Fourth reason is I love our pet bird Mr. Blue who loves to sit on my forearm/wrist to preen or just chew the hell out of the shirt I am wearing.  This give me Mr. Blue time.  He's quite at home with the soft click on the keyboard.

I do have an amusing story about OOTP, on-line leagues, and the internal struggle of a game player coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment